[ferret_users] Monthly and annual mean time series plot from a multi-year data file.

Dear all,
I am interested to get a time series plot of monthly and annual mean SST
using multi-year SST field. There is only one data file conatining all
time levels data.

Please see the data info below.

yes? show grid
 Default grid for DEFINE VARIABLE is ABSTRACT
 Last successful data access was on grid GEU1
    GRID GEU1
 name       axis              # pts   start                end
 LON       LONGITUDE          360mr   0.5E                 0.5W
 LAT       LATITUDE           180 r   89.5S                89.5N
 LEV       HEIGHT (millib       1 r-  1                    1
 TIME      TIME               311 i   01-DEC-1981 00:00    01-OCT-2007 00:00
yes? show data
     currently SET data sets:
    1> /users/cshaji/NOW/sst_mon_81_07.nc  (default)
 name     title                             I         J         K         L
 SST      ** monthly from december 1981 (  1:360     1:180     1:1
1:311

First I want to get an area (x=30E:78E,y=5N:31N) average of SST. Then plot
the time series of the area-averaged monthly as well as annual mean SST
for the time period from l=2 to l=301 only (covering January 1982 to
December 2006) in the same figure window.

I could not find any demonstration on this.

I would highly appreciate if somebody please give me some suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Shaji.