Re: [ferret_users] regriding problem

Hi Ansley,
Thanks,
I think the data is not on a curvilinear grid because the person who sent me the data
mentioned that he has regridded the data onto a 1x1 degree grid with the Ferret function
SCAT2GRIDGAUSS_XY(). Please let me know how I to use this?

Also, when I tried the CURV_TO_RECT_MAP, this is what I get.

currently SET data sets:
   1> ./IPSL_HIST_A2_fgCO2_1980_
2009_2D.nc  (default)
 name     title                             I         J         K         L
 FGCO2    air-to-sea CO2 flux              1:182     1:149     ...       1:360

yes? define axis/x=40:110:1/modulo/units=degrees xax
yes? define axis/y=0:30:1/modulo/units=degrees yax
yes? let lonlatout = y[gy=yax] + x[gx=xax]
yes? let lonin = lon_fgco2[d=1]
yes? let latin = lat_fgco2[d=1]
yes?  let map = curv_to_rect_map ( lonin,latin,lonlatout,0.5)
yes? save/clobber/file=io_map.nc map
 **ERROR: variable unknown or not in data set: LAT_FGCO2[D=1]

Thanks,
Aparna