Re: [ferret_users] spawn command gawk string arrays

Hi -
Actually it looks like it's the $2 that's tripping up the Ferret parser.

Andrew Wittenberg wrote:
Hi Patrick,

You can use the functional form of SPAWN():

yes? let a = spawn("echo Hello ferreters | awk '{print $2}'")
yes? list a
             VARIABLE : SPAWN("echo Hello ferreters | awk '{print $2}'")
             X        : 1
        "ferreters"

The list form (with {braces}) of your command seems to be choking on the
braces embedded within the awk command, which are of course almost always
required for awk.  (Ansley, is there some way to escape these?)

Andrew