Re: [ferret_users] Overlay vector with nolab

Hi Laurie,
It's a bit of a complicated set of commands, but you found the right way to do this.  You just need the /OVERLAY qualifier on your  PPL VECTOR command, second to the last line of your script. This should do the trick,
fill/nolab/pal=blue_orange/x=20:380 sst[d=1,l=1:600@ave]
vector/ov/length=0.04/yskip=1/x=20:380/nolab/set uos[d=2,l=1:50@ave],vos[d=2,l=1:50@ave]
ppl veckey 300,100,,(f4.1, " m/s")
ppl vector/over,2,1
go fland

Laurie C G Menviel wrote:
HI,

I would like to have a plot of SST (filled) with the wind strength overlayed.
A simple way is

fill/nolab/pal=blue_orange/x=20:380 sst[d=1,l=1:600@ave]
vector/ov/length=0.04/yskip=1/x=20:380 uos[d=2,l=1:50@ave],vos[d=2,l=1:50@ave]

However I don't want the label to appear, I just want the unit for the vector.
When I run the command below, the vector actually "erase" the SST field (only the vectors are seen).

fill/nolab/pal=blue_orange/x=20:380 sst[d=1,l=1:600@ave]
vector/ov/length=0.04/yskip=1/x=20:380/nolab/set uos[d=2,l=1:50@ave],vos[d=2,l=1:50@ave]
ppl veckey 300,100,,(f4.1, " m/s")
ppl vector,2,1
go fland

Would you know how to have the SST filled, the wind overlayed without any label?
Thank you for your help,

Best wishes

Laurie