Re: [ferret_users] @max and @min functions

Sandip,
In Users' Guide Index under "Transformations" there are links to the general information about transformations and some examples.

The syntax is to list the transformations you want for each axis.  Here are a few more examples.  Try them out on your data-
var[x=@max,y=@max,z=@max,t=@max] ! @MAX transformation over the whole range of all axes
var[x=@max,y=@max,z=@max]  ! The maximum over X, Y, and Z for each time
var[x=300:330@max,y=0:40@max,Z=@max,T=@max]  ! Just a sub-range on some axes.
var[x=300:330@max,y=0:40@max,Z=@max,T=@AVE] ! The time average of the max over XYZ.

sandip tikar wrote:
Dear all,
        I am not familiar with ferret. I want to find maximum and minimum values in 4D variable ( with I=1:4320, J=1:2160, K=1:70, L=1:12 ) . How should I use @min and @max functions for this? I will  also like to use @ngd and @nbd functions to get good and bad points.
       It will be really useful for me if someone can point to good references.

Thanks & Regards,
Sandip.