Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 5:15 PM
Subject: Re: [ferret_users] Reading variables from an ascii file

Hi Arturo,
If your data has NaN at land locations then for ASCII data you should just edit that or use your C program to change those values to some known value out of the valid range of the data, and then after reading the data do,

   SET VAR/BAD=99999 sst

or whatever the variable name is.  (Use the same kind of syntax to set units for variables: SET VAR/UNITS="deg C" sst)

0.2 minute resolution is very high resolution!  There is the etopo02 dataset which is 2 minutes' resolution.

Ansley

Arturo Avila Rosas wrote:
Hi Ansley,
Thanks a lot, it works fine! Now, some data are over land and they are NaN values indeed. According to "Setting a missing value" at Ferret FAQ having an ocean mask with earth's surface may help to get only data over ocean, Where could I find an ocean mask with earth's surface at 0.2 minute resolution?
Cheers
Arturo