Re: [ferret_users] number of opened datasets

Hi David,
There isn't such a symbol, per se. (That's a good  idea though).  However you can get this information if you know a variable in the last dataset opened, by using `var,RETURN=dsetnum`

yes? use etopo120
yes? use etopo60
yes? use etopo20

yes? let dsetnum = `rose,return=dsetnum`
 !-> DEFINE VARIABLE dsetnum = 3

David Wang wrote:
Hi Ferreters,

I wonder if there is any system symbol (or means) keeping track of the number of opened datasets in the current session. I'd like loop around all datasets with the command:

repeat/name=m/range=1:`number_of_datasets` let/data="" v2 = v1[t=@ave]

without manually counting and specifying the number of datasets.

Thanks,
David