Re: [ferret_users] 6-hour averages

Hi Júnior,
You want to do a regridding operation.  Define the new 6-hour time axis, and then define a new variable, which will be your hourly variable regridded onto the new time axis.  There is a demo script that will help you to learn this concept.  Read along in the command window as the script runs for an explanation of the commands that are running and drawing the figures.

yes? go regridding_demo

Ansley

Júnior wrote:
Hi Ferret community,

I have a dataset with a hourly field along an entire month (L=720). I would like to compute the averages between 21Z and 03Z, but I'm a very beginner Ferret user and I'm im problem to write the correct @ave syntax.

I was wondering if is it possible to store those 6-hour averages in a new time axis.

Could anyone give some help?

Thanks in advance

Francisco das Chagas Vasconcelos Júnior
Mestrado em Ciências Físicas Aplicadas