Re: [ferret_users] Stream function

Hi William,

Thanks. But the meteorologist normally do it on global horizontal
fields. That way you are easier to solve the Poisson equation to get
both stream function and velocity potential. However, for walker
circulation, it is a integration within limited latitudes with up and
surface boundaries and continuous longitudinal boundary condition. It
seems hard for me to get the solution. The P coordinate also increases
the complexity of doing vorticity calculation. I guess the divergence is
OK so I plan to solve the divergent wind first and then subtract it from
the total to get rotational wind. But still I need to solve the Poisson
equation with boundary conditions.

Many thanks,
Tony