[ferret_users] Memory allocation problem

Dear ferreters,
   I am using the a nc file of size 1GB, which is in external hard disc. when my Jnl file is being executed, an error message is appearing saying insufficient memory. Jnl file is meant for to define time axis of weekly data.  Execution of jnl file can be seen in the following lines.

I hope somebody can help me with some idea. Thanks in advance.

NOAA/PMEL TMAP

FERRET v6

Linux(g77) 2.4.21-32 - 08/23/06

9-Jan-10 23:18

set mem/size=600

Cached data cleared from memory

cancel da/all

use temp_8609.cdf

define axis/t=07-JUL-1986:27-dec-2009/npoints=1430/units=days tweekly

let temperature = temp[gt=tweekly@asn]

save/file=temp_raghu_8609.cdf/clobber temperature

**ERROR: insufficient memory: 314263950 words were requested.

LIST/FORMAT=CDF/file=temp_raghu_8609.cdf/clobber temperature

Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution aborted

*** NOTE: You can use SET MEMORY/SIZE=xxx to increase memory.

*** NOTE: The "Memory use" section of the FERRET Users Guide has further tips

Steeven Paul Y
Research Fellow
NIO RC Vizag
176 Lawsons Bay Colony