[ferret_users] z-coordinates vertical section

Title: z-coordinates vertical section

Dear ferret users,
I’ve tried to plot vertical section of my ocean model output using vertical_section.jnl. The model is z-coordinates in vertical. Levels are:
k    Thickness (cm)    Depth (cm)
   ---   --------------   ------------
     1     2.50000E+02     1.25000E+02
     2     2.50000E+02     3.75000E+02
     3     2.50000E+02     6.25000E+02
     4     2.50000E+02     8.75000E+02
     5     2.50000E+02     1.12500E+03
     6     2.50000E+02     1.37500E+03
     7     5.00000E+02     1.75000E+03
     8     6.03000E+02     2.30150E+03
     9     7.28000E+02     2.96700E+03

 I get the plot with units of k levels which are evenly spaced (with constant thickness) so the vertical gets really distorted.
Do you know how to get the data into units of z in meters with positive downwards and appropriate thicknesses?

Dr. Robert Osinski
NPS Oceanography Dep.
Monterey CA

        NOAA/PMEL TMAP