Re: [ferret_users] symbols shown as a legend

Hi Yangxing -

See the many symbol fonts available at:

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/appendix- b-pplus-guide/PPLUS-COMMAND-FILES#AppendixB_Embedded%20strings

and the sublinks on that page to "Tables showing the character fonts" and "Tables showing the symbol fonts".

You might also check out several legend scripts in the user group e- mails. See, for example, the script attached to

http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/ferret_users/fu_2006/ msg00804.html

Billy