Re: [ferret_users] OPeNDAP/netCDF Error code 5

Hi Paulo,
This error is coming to Ferret from the OPeNDAP libraries, which we use to read netcdf files, and the data in descriptor files which are in sets of netcdf files.

The error code is translated by the OPeNDAP library as "Input/output error", which isn't too helpful here. Are you seeing this error when you go to use data, that is on a PLOT or LIST kind of command; or is it when you open the dataset? Are you trying to SAVE data? Is it possible be that the stepfiles (the netcdf files that are listed inside the descriptor file) are sometimes changed, or are not available? I'm guessing here - a stepfile that is not available should result in a different error message.

Ansley

Paulo Santiago wrote:
Hi Ferreters,

I'm in trouble with this strange error:

 **netCDF error
             Input/output error (OPeNDAP/netCDF Error code 5)
             Data set: /home/santiago/trabalhos/cbo2010/mom4p0_core2.des

It's strange because it often occurs, but, even if I change nothing,
sometimes the access to data occurs normally.

Any idea on how can I solve it?

Regards,

Ms. Paulo Santiago
Ocean Modeling Group
Modeling and Development Division
Center for Weather Forecast and Climate Studies
National Institute for Space Research

Rodovia Presidente Dutra, km 40 - CEP 12630-000
Cachoeira Paulista, São Paulo, Brazil
Phone number: 55 (12) 3186 8637
www.inpe.br/ingles / www.cptec.inpe.br