Re: [ferret_users] Aspect not correct

Hi Scott,
If you look up the information about SET WINDOW/ASPECT, there's an option to set the ratio of the axis lengths by adding :AXIS to the specification:

SET WINDOW/ASPECT=0.5:AXIS

Without :AXIS, the ratio is for the entire window, and the fact that the margins around the plot are a bit different probably accounts for what you are seeing.

Ansley

Scott Mackaro wrote:
I am using Ferret to plot an 1800x900 (X by Y) model grid.

I used   SET WINDOW/ASPECT=0.5

This gives me something closer to reality, though the X axis is clearly
larger than 2x the Y axis

Is there something else I can do to make this plot correctly?  Thanks!