Re: [ferret_users] /VLOG with contour

Hi Patrick,
No, that is an error in the Users Guide.  /VLOG and /HLOG are available only for 1-D plots, and your method is the best one to use.  /VLOG and /HLOG are available on the PLOT and the POLYGON command (for 1-D polygon plots only)

yes? show command contour
 CONTOUR/I/J/K/L/X/Y/Z/T/OVERLAY/SET_UP/FRAME/D/TRANPOSE/FILL/LINE/NOLABEL
          /LEVELS/KEY/NOKEY/PALETTE/XLIMITS/YLIMITS/TITLE/COLOR/NOAXES/PATTERN
          /SIZE/SPACING/SIGDIG/PEN/HLIMITS/VLIMITS/AXES/HGRATICU/VGRATICU
          /GRATICUL/MODULO

Ansley

Brockmann Patrick wrote:
Hi all,

I can read from documentation at http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/commands-reference/CONTOUR
CONTOUR
/I/J/K/L /X/Y/Z/T /D /FILL /FRAME /KEY /LEVELS /LINE /NOAXIS /NOKEY /NOLABEL /OVERLAY /PALETTE /PATTERN /SIZE /SPACING /SIGDIG /PEN /SET_UP /TITLE /COLOR /TRANSPOSE /HLIMITS /VLIMITS /HLOG /VLOG /AXES /HGRATICULE /VGRATICULE /GRATICULE /MODULO

==> read /HLOG /VLOG are present in this list
Does that means that it is now possible to draw a zonal mean
using a log vertical axis for example ?

For now, I do the label by myself using 2 frames one over the other.
First to plot with the vertical log axis without label, the second with  log labels from a plot command
that has a /vlog qualifier.
Run the script attached to get a demo.
yes? go shade_log.jnl 10 1000

By the way, it would be nice to be able to define a viewport as a copy from
another viewport.
Something as:
define viewport/like=full full_bis

Patrick