[ferret_users] Bug - expanding strings with slashes - Ferret6.07

Dear Ferret Users,
I am using Ferret 6.07 and Ferret hangs when I am trying to read a file located outside the current directory (providing filename as a variable) -- presumably because Ferret has a problem expanding something which has slashes in it.
Example

let fname = "../testnew"
yes? file/format=delimited `fname`
=>Ferret hangs

yes? let fname = "testnew"
yes? file/format=delimited `fname`
 !-> SET DATA/EZ/format=delimited testnew
=> Works perfectly.

My apologies if this has already been fixed in subsequent releases -- if so, I probably need to migrate!
--Roman