[ferret_users] median averager, not a smoother

Dear Ferret developers,

I appreciate the recent, useful addition of median transformation smoother @MED into Ferret. Sometimes, however, I find myself (probably others as well) in need of a median averager, much like @AVE as an arithmetic averager. For instance, I'd like to get the median of a time series and use the resultant scalar in other expressions. I wonder if such a transformation could be implemented into future Ferret release.

Thanks,
David

--
turn and live.