Re: [ferret_users] How to remove the white spots from the postscriptfigures?

Hi
It can't tell from these commands but it seems to me that probably what you are seeing is what others have been writing about as "odd lines" on the postscript.  This is an artifact of the graphics package.  On a plot of data that has a very fine grid this might not be distinguished as lines but might look like other wiggly shapes.  This is what is being discusses in this thread:
http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/ferret_users/fu_2009/msg00601.html

Or depending on what you need the image for, making a gif image, by starting Ferret in the -gif mode, will also produce an image without the appearance of this effect.

Ansley

C. Shaji wrote:
Hello Ansley,
Please see my code below.

SET MEMORY/SIZ=416  ! Fix insufficient memory issue.

 set mode meta ! for figure saving
 FILL/L=1 CLIM_SST[i=1:8192:10,j=1:4096:10]!plot sst variable.
 Go fland
 ppl clsplt !close the plot.
 sp Fprint -o "/DATA/month01_combined_sst.ps"
 metafile.plt !save ps file.

Since the file size is very large I could not attach the ps file.

Thanks in advancce,
C. Shaji.