Re: [ferret_users] regridding lat-long

Hi Sarah,
You need to do a regridding operation:

  LET/UNITS="`tempsurf,RETURN=units`"  tsurf = tempsurf[gxy=sst[d=1]]

This command defines a new variable tsurf, which is tempsurf regridded to the x and y grid of sst[d=1], and keeping the units of tempsurf. The regridding operation will be linear interpolation by default, or you can choose another regridding transformation. The time dimension will not be changed.

Ansley

Aisling Dolan wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to convert the grid of TEMPSURF to that of SST so instead of i=1:96,j=1:73 it is i=1:360,j=1:180, or vice versa so that they have the same grid.

I have tried creating a new grid, which seems to work, but doesn't have any data in it(T)

Is there an easy way of doing this?

yes? show grid SST[d=1]
    GRID GQD2
 name       axis              # pts   start                end
 LON       LONGITUDE          360mr   179.5W(-179.5)       179.5E
 LAT       LATITUDE           180 r   89.5S                89.5N
 normal    Z
 TIME      TIME              1675 i   01-JAN-1870 00:00    01-JUL-2009 00:00
yes? show grid TEMPSURF
    GRID GED2
 name       axis              # pts   start                end
 LONGITUDE LONGITUDE           96mr   0E                   3.75W
 LATITUDE  LATITUDE            73 r   90S                  90N
 SURFACE   Z (level)            1 r   0                    0
 T         T                 2412 r   1                    2412

Many Thanks,
Sarah
Univ. Leeds