Re: [ferret_users] ***** Announcing the official release of Ferret version 6.3 *****

hi Ryo,
Thanks for writing. We welcome everyone's responses to the new ways to set color levels.  http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/v6-3-release-notes#colors_var

We had developed some of these ideas for LAS. We implemented them first using some big complicated Ferret scripts rather than putting the logic into Ferret itself.

Try it out on the NVODS server at http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/NVODS/. Currently this server uses the Ferret scripts rather than this capability within Ferret, but we'll be able to simplify those big scripts down to a /LEVELS=v  qualifier, and will probably put in an option for the user to choose the histogram-based scheme as well.

Ansley

Ryo Furue wrote:
Hi Ferret team,

|    ***** Announcing the official release of Ferret version 6.3 *****

I've found the new schemes for determining contour levels
particularly useful, especially when you want to get a general
sense of the field.  I can see myself using the histogram-based
scheme as my default choice.

Thank you for your good work.

Regards,
Ryo