Re: [ferret_users] [Fwd: Re: OPeNDAP authentication]

Hi Ansley,
I think your solution will work with simple apache authentication, but not with a single sign on service like Central Authentication Service (http://www.jasig.org/cas).
Do you confirm ?

Thanks,
Tony

Ansley Manke a écrit :
Hi Tony,
If the OPeNDAP server is set to do authentication, then you need only specify the username and password in the OPeNDAP URL, and Ferret will open the file.

For the syntax, see section 2.7.4 under "Access to Remote Data Sets with DODS"

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/data-set-basics/ACCESS-TO-REMOTE-DATA-SETS-WITH-DODS

Jolibois Tony wrote:
   Hi all,

Following a discussion on opendap-tech list, does ferret, as opendap client, support SSO connection (in the case an opendap server is protected by this authentication service) ? If no, is this modification planned ?

Thanks,
Tony

Re: [Opendap-tech] [thredds] OPeNDAP authentication