Re: [ferret_users] how to open lots of files?

Or use a .des file. That's an older method but I'm an older guy.

See:

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/converting-to-netcdf/CREATING-A-MULTI-FILE-NETCDF-DATA-SET

I find it easiest to copy the example in the above page and edit it to fit my datasets. You simply append many occurrences of the block beginning "stepfile record", to the next "$END", one for each netcdf file you have. Works great.

Billy K