Re: [ferret_users] bound variable detected as variable

Hi Patrick,

It seems that ferret does not use the bounds variable because your depth
axis has only one point. When I add another one (eg. at z=15 with bounds
at z=10 and z=20) the bounds are used correctly.

With only one grid cell Ferret apparently assumes a regular grid with
boundaries at z=4.5 and z=5.5 (probably in order to have weight=1). When
you save your data Ferret is using these bounds values. You can check
which boundaries Ferret is using with

 list zboxlo[g=SOSALINE_GLOBAL],zboxhi[g=SOSALINE_GLOBAL]

As a workaround you could extend the z-axis with

define axis/z/bounds/unit=meters `SOSALINE_GLOBAL,r=zaxis` = \
{5,15},{-0.000244140625,10.000244140625},{10.000244140625,20}

Then, the boundaries are treated as you are expecting.

Marco

--
Marco Steinacher

Climate and Environmental Physics