Re: [ferret_users] Trend error and significance

Hi Siva,

    I think David Wang has provided a method that posted couple months ago. I copy the message for you, as shown below:

BTW, there is a caveat that the approximation of 95% confidence interval by "two sigma" can only be used when the degree of freedom is sufficient large. This student's t-table makes it clear (t = slope/sigmab).

http://www.ncsu.edu/chemistry/resource/t-table.html

D.