Re: [ferret_users] reading ascii data ?

Hello Chamarthi,

first of all you need to look at the function "curv_to_rect_map" then "curv_to_rect" in the users guide.

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/appendix-a-external-functions/CURV-TO-RECT-MAP
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/appendix-a-external-functions/CURV-TO-RECT/

At the second link there is a detailed solution for your problem (including the use of curv_to_rect_map),
one comment: you dont need to write out to a new file the "map" variable created after curv_to_rect_map.

Peter