Re: [ferret_users] the edges attribute of a reversed-coordinate axis

Hi Ansley and David,

|                     Z:units = "meters" ;
|                     Z:positive = "up" ;
|                     Z:edges = "Zp1" ;

I'm wondering how the "edges" attribute is related to the "bounds"
attribute.  (The latter is defined in the CF convention.  See, for example,
http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-conventions/1.4/ch07.html#cell-boundaries )
Is "edges" Ferret-specific?  Do you recommend switching to "bounds"?
Do other packages (like GrADS and Matlab) support either of them?

Regards,
Ryo