[ferret_users] put values to an array

Hi All:

I wonder if there are ways that I can put values to an array which is not defined by the conventional dimensions of the ferret array. For example, I am doing an area integration of temperature over the pacific, but my integration is not over the entire region and it will be based on the temperature distributions. So, I might end up with 20 values and have
one value for each region. I'd like to put these 20 values into an array of size 20 and not to have 20 variables.

I searched some old posts but couldn't find a good solution on this problem.

Thanks for your help!

Jean