Re: [ferret_users] Setting the limits of the colorbar

Hi Aisling,
                    Please have a look at the Ferret User Manual, Ch6 Sec8.1.1.  /LEVELS qualifier.
You can use it with FILL or SHADE command, to get a fixed colorbar. Try out this example:

    yes? use levitus_climatology    ! dataset available with Ferret
    yes? list temp[k=1,i=@MIN,j=@MIN]  ! to see the min value, -2.020
    yes? list temp[k=1,i=@MAX,j=@MAX] ! to see the max value, 29.74
    yes? fill/k=1 temp   ! default color scale from -5 to 50 at interval 5

Now set the colorbar from -3 to 30 at interval of 1

    yes? fill/k=1/levels=(-3,30,1) temp

Use this Levels qualifier (with exactly same values)  along with all fill command to get a
common colorbar/scale for all your plots. Once the dataset is loaded, Ferret treats the
variables in a similar way, and hence the data format do not make a difference in the use
of this qualifier or the nature in which Ferret displays plot by default.

Jaison