Re: [ferret_users] netcdf file larger than 2GB

Hi Xia,
Recent versions of Ferret do support large files. Rather than netcdf,
Ferret is linked with OPeNDAP libraries, and the recent versions of
those libraries have optiosn for file sized larger than 2 GB. However,
we do not have a recent Ferret build on the PC, so the Ferret executable
available to run on the PC will not support the large file sizes.

Do you want to create your files with Ferret, or with other software
that calls the netcdf libraries?

Ansley