[ferret_users] time dimension lost in scat2gridgauss function

Hi ferreters,

I have some monthly data (irregular time steps) in ASCII format, at randomly distributed spatial locations. I would like to regrid it on a regular grid (1ºx1º) with monthly values (12 time steps). The ASCII data file contains 4 columns, i.e.:

Longitude latitude catc_rate Month (1-12)
20.5     -10.5   1.2    6
21      22      1.2     8
19      -8.5    22.2    6
5.5     15      15.1    6
4.2     12.1    12.6    4

I try to use the scat2grid function as follows

file/var="lon,lat,catch,month" My_file.dat
define axis/x=0:80:1 xax # I´m only interested in the Indian Ocean
define axis/y=-30:30:1 yax
define axis/t=1:12:1 tax
let new_catch=scat2gridgauss_XY(lon,lat,catch,x[gx=xax],y[gy=yax],t[gt=tax],1,1,2,2)

My problem is that I lose the time dimension in the regridding process.

? sh grid new_catch

GRID (G020)

name axis      # pts   start   end
(AX010) X      81 r    0       80