Re: [ferret_users] Fwd: reading ascii in polar stereographic projection

Well, the danger of this is that the SCAT2GRID functions are going to interpolate across the missing locations. In addition to creating spurious data where none should exist, this could end up polluting some real locations. For example if there is a narrow island (omitted from your list), then SCAT2GRID* will take values from one side of the island into account when computing a gridded value on the other side.

It sounds like you should think about fixing the column data before bringing it into Ferret.

Billy K