Re: [ferret_users] Circle outline on polar stereographic plot?

Hi Paul,
mp_graticule should work.  The first 3 arguments control lines of longitude (vertical) and the next 3 control lines of latitude. Send it  " "   for the first 3 arguments.  That'll skip making any lines of longitude, and you can then just draw one line of latitude
use etopo20
set reg/y=-90:-60
set grid rose
go mp_stereographic_south
go mp_aspect
shade/noax/nokey rose,x_page, y_page

go mp_graticule " "  " "  " "  -60 -60 5 7

Or whatever your upper limit of Y is. The 5 is arbitrary, delta-y. You can also give it a " ".  And I've sent in pen 7 which is a dark line, which I think looks nice, but you could skip that for the default thin black line.

Ansley

Paul Young wrote:
Hi all,

Just wondering if there is a simple way to add a circle around a polar stereographic plot - i.e. a graticule just at the low latitude limit. I've tried using mp_graticule.jnl with lon_min=0, lon_max=360, lon_delta=360 (etc), but I can't get it to work. I've attached a picture which illustrates what I'm trying to do.

As always, thanks for any help,

Paul