Re: [ferret_users] Vector plot: force maximum?

Hi Billy,

Thanks for your points. This exercise actually is an attempt to *not* generate false data. My first (lame) thought when the other researcher asked me about this was to create separate NetCDF files that scaled back the out of range data. Of course this was immediately shot down by all (including myself) for a number of reasons. My second thought was doing a log plot but she really wanted it to be linear up to the threshold. So, I started exploring with Ferret.

I think Mick's solution will address your concerns too. Having the scaled-back values be in red will make them stand out and open to question if we ever forget what we did.

Cheers,

Steve
 Steve Cousins, Ocean Modeling Group    Email: cousins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Marine Sciences, 452 Aubert Hall       http://rocky.umeoce.maine.edu
 Univ. of Maine, Orono, ME 04469        Phone: (207) 581-4302