Re: [ferret_users] make_des on MacOSX Intel PC

Hi Jean,
Have you also tried the alternative tool nc2mc? It's a shell script and it can be found at
http://www.mpch-mainz.mpg.de/~joeckel/nc2mc/

Otherwise I would suggest looking at the descriptor file, which of course is just an ASCII file, and compare it with the descriptor files that are part of the Ferret distribution.  Mac Users:  Are there details you're aware of regarding descriptor files on the Mac??

Ansley

jean li wrote:
Hi Ferret Users:

I found that make_des doesn't seem to work well on MacOSX Intel PC. It can only take two files to make a ferret descriptor. If there are more than 2 files, the des file is wrong and there is an error " ncdump: NetCDF: Variable not found".

Anyone knows how to get around this problem?

Thanks!

Jean