Re: [ferret_users] large file support

Hi Robert,

I too am using ferret on a Mac and I got the error you describe when I tried to read in files encoded in a newer version of netcdf. If you have the NCO operators installed, try running this command on the file and then read it the output:

ncks --fl_fmt=classic --fl_out file_read_by_ferret.nc file_not_read_by_ferret.nc

Good luck,

Paul