Re: [ferret_users] contour/fill with logarithmic scaled Y - Axis

Hi Anja,
There is an FAQ about how you can do 2D log plots in Ferret:
How can I make a 2D log (or log-log) plot? at http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/FERRET_17sep07/FAQ/custom_plots/2D_log_plot.html

Ansley

ajna.West@xxxxxx wrote:
Dear ferreters,

I use the following script to produce a contour plot. (see attachment)

How can I convert the Y - Axis into a logarithmic scaled Y - Axis?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Anja

My script:

USE 1960_2004_ALLzmb.nc

fill/nolab var130
contour/over/nolab var130

LABEL -105,50000,0,90,.18 Z (level)
LABEL 0,109500,0,0,.18 Latitude
LABEL 0,-10500,0,0,.18 Temperaturtrend (K)

This is the grid of the netCDF file:

yes? show grid
 Default grid for DEFINE VARIABLE is ABSTRACT
 Last successful data access was on grid GQI1
    GRID GQI1
 name       axis              # pts   start                end
 LON       LONGITUDE            1mr   0E                   0E
 LAT       LATITUDE            48 i   87.159S              87.159N
 LEV       Z (level)           22 i-  1000                 100000
 TIME      T (day as %Y%m       1 r   541102               541102