[ferret_users] _Fillvalue and missing value

Hi all,

How far ferret respects the CF convention (1.4) ?

From
http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-conventions/1.4/cf-conventions.html#missing-data, I read The |missing_value| attribute is considered deprecated by the NUG and we do not recommend its use. However for backwards compatibility with COARDS this standard continues to recognize the use of the |missing_value| attribute to indicate undefined or missing data.

Some of our output had now only the _Fillvalue attribut set (no more missing value attribut), is that a problem to make calculations with ferret ?

Thanks
Patrick

--
LSCE/IPSL, Laboratoire CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
Data Analysis and Visualization Engineer