[ferret_users] shaded plot for discrete data

Hi Ferreters,

I generated a 2D field whose values are the number of models (therefore all discrete integers). I intend to assign a color to each integer value (e.g., 15) instead of a value range (e.g., 14.5-15.5). In addition, the colorbar is to be labeled at the middle of each color box instead of the ends of it. Visually, I want something like this: http://blogs.mathworks.com/images/loren/95/indexTerm_01.png

Is it possible in Ferret?
Thanks!
David

--