Re: [ferret_users] Working with pattern files? Stippling?

Thanks for this clarification and reply Ansley - managed to get both of your methods to work and produce what I wanted...

...to a point. Probably an exceedingly simple question, but how do I adapt the "go polymark" version to a plot where I've changed the x and y limits of the graph? E.g.

fill/hlimits=-180:180:50/vlimits=-90:90:20 my_var
go polymark poly/pal=black/over xsequence(lon), xsequence(lat), xsequence(my_mask), circle, 0.2

results in the polygons being drawn off the bottom right of the map, when I use

let lon = x[gx=my_var] + 0*y[gy=my_var]
let lat = 0*x[gx=my_var] + y[gy=my_var]

(The above definitions of lon and lat work fine for "plot/vs")

Also, one further question: is there a reason why the tiny_squares pattern produced different results in the hardcopy versus the screen (see attachments in my previous email). If I understand from your email, the pattern files should work fine in the standard interactive mode....

Cheers,

Paul