Re: [ferret_users] return the grid (latitude) for uneven grid

Hi Yangxing,
It sounds like you found out what you needed, but just so there's an answer on the Users List for others to refer to, I thought I'd write. You can use Pseudo-variables to define a variable containing coordinate values, and use that variable in a calculation:

yes? let phi = y[gy=var]

where var is some variable in your dataset whose y axis is the latitudes you want to use.

Ansley

yangxing zheng wrote:
Hi,

   How can we get the exact latitude for calculating f Coriolis paramenter f=2*omega*sin(phi) in a uneven grid, where phi is the latitude. If the grid is even, then f is easily computed.

   In other words, how can get phi from a given uneven grid?

   Thanks.

   Yangxing