[ferret_users] metafile -->ps file -->pdf files?

Hi ferreters,

   I have a question that I do not understand. For example, as I plot lines or make contours, the bold(thick) curves or contours become thin and light as we view the generated postscript file using gs, or if they are converted into .pdf files. I produce the .ps file in ferret using the command:

spawn Fprint -o .ps -l cps metafile.plt

I understand if we save the file in .gif file, we can keep the bold/thick contours. But the quality of the figure is usually poor.

Does anyone know how to keep the bold/thick curves and contour lines as we plot but with a high quality?

Thanks!

Yangxing