Re: [ferret_users] how to create a matrix

Hi,

| How can i create a matrix using ferret??
| There's a special function for that?
|
| I've got a equation of the solar radiation at the top of the
| atmosphere and want to "visualize" its variance dependig the
| latitude.

I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly . . .
but if you want to visualize an analytic field, you
may want to do something like

  yes? define axis/x=0:100:2/units=degrees_east my_x
  yes? define axis/y=0:40:1/units=degrees_north my_y
  yes? let pi = 4*atan(1.)
  yes? let my_var = sin(pi*x[gx=my_x]/100) * cos(4*pi*y[gy=my_y]/40)
  yes? fill my_var

Here, you first define a discrete grid system.
and define your variable on it.

Hope this helps,
Ryo