Re: [ferret_users] Ferret Installation Problems

Oops i keep making conversations private/offline. So this is a repeat
reply of some sorts.

  You may set up a bash version of the file ferret_paths. But as of
now it may be useful to use the csh shell or a tcsh shell. Do you have
tcsh or csh installed? You are currently using bash shell as your
login shell. If you have tcsh shell installed, then type tcsh at the
command prompt and the tcsh shell will be invoked. Then create a file
called .tcshrc (the dot (.) is important) in your home directory and
in it type the line which Paulo said ie source
/usr/local/ferret_paths. Save the file. Open a new shell, type tcsh
and then ferret. This should work. The procedure is similar for a csh
shell. You just need to type csh and create a file .cshrc.

Good luck,

--

Samrat Rao