[ferret_users] Reading NetCDF files while they are being written to

Dear Ferreters,

I have a question about NetCDF files and I apologize if this is tangential to the theme of the list.

I was wondering if reading data by Ferret from NetCDF files while they are being written to
by another program (i.e. Fortran) is safe? I was told that it should be OK as long as the
reading program (Ferret in this case) does not lock the file. Do you know if it locks the files?

Many thanks,
Roman

--
Roman Tonkonojenkov
M. S. - Ph. D. Student, Department of Geosciences