[ferret_users] Reading ADCP data

Dear colleagues,

I'm working on a adcp time series. I've read it from an ascii file and Ferret
shows:

--yes? sh da
     currently SET data sets:
    1> ./FBC_4_0100.nc  (default)
 name     title                             I         J         K         L
 PRESSURE pressure                         ...       ...       ...       1:5476
 VEL      velocity                         ...       ...       1:45      1:5476
 DIR      direction                        ...       ...       1:45      1:5476
 U        zonal velocity                   ...       ...       1:45      1:5476
 V        meridional velocity              ...       ...       1:45      1:5476
 W        vertical velocity                ...       ...       1:45      1:5476

The adcp was installed at the upper end of a mooring line at 150 m depth and
the line stretched with time more than 40 m. I would like to correct the bin
depths using pressure data. The pressure data is not monotonic. I was
wondering if I should make a grid TIME x Z and use some transform to populate
the matrix with current data at the corrected depth levels. How can I do it?
Or does anybody have a better idea?

Regards,

Luiz Alexandre Guerra
Aluno de Doutorado / Graduate Student

Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro / Rio de Janeiro Federal University
COPPE/PEnO / Ocean Engineering Program