Re: [ferret_users] Interpolating Irregularly Spaced Data to Curvilinear Grid

Hi Stephen,
No, there is no other path to get what you want. We're looking into more regridding options, and may have new methods in future releases, but for now, you need to regrid to a regular grid, and then use the RECT_TO_CURV functions. If your initial grid is a rectilinear irregular grid, you can just use a standard Ferret regridding operaion to go to a regularly-spaced rectilienar grid and then call the RECT_TO_CURV function.

Ansley

Stephen Guimond wrote:
Ferreters,

I have irregularly spaced data that I want to put on a cylindrical grid.  I know I can do this calling CURV_TO_RECT and then RECT_TO_CURV functions, but is there a way I can skip going through the RECT interpolation and go straight to CURV?  I'm not sure how much error is introduced with the extra interpolation to RECT and would like to limit to just one interpolation.

Any ideas?

Steve
Stephen R. Guimond
Graduate Research Assistant
Florida State University
Center for Ocean-Atmospheric Prediction Studies (COAPS)