[ferret_users] computing annual seasonal averages

Hello all,

For a given variable I'm trying to compute the Dec-Jan-Feb (i.e. winter)
average for each specific year of a multiple-year data set so I can
compare these to the average winter value for the entire data set.  I
can't find how to tell Ferret to compute a DJF average in such a way
that I have a distinct seasonal average from each year.  The second
part, an average winter value for the entire data set is
straightforward.  Any pointers?

Thank you for your time,
Tristan Hauser