Re: [ferret_users] PLOT on same time axis

Hello Samrat,

I have daily data set, but the methodology is the same:

I define january-data set in 3 different years:

let t2max1=t2max[l=1:31]
let t2max2=t2max[l=366:396]
let t2max3=t2max[l=731:761]

(here comes the main point:) Need to define an axis, which is applicable to all the januaries and allows them to be in the same range (and then they can be plotted):

def axis/t=0:31/edges/npoints=31/t0=1-JAN-0001/units=days/modulo tdaily

Then regrid all the januaries (i know you have only 5 years of data, so it can be done easily):

let t2max1x=t2max1[gt=tdaily@mod]
let t2max2x=t2max2[gt=tdaily@mod]
let t2max3x=t2max3[gt=tdaily@mod]

I just trace out one point:

plot t2max1x[x=19,y=47]
plot/ov t2max2x[x=19,y=47]
plot/ov t2max3x[x=19,y=47]

If you want the vertical axis to be chosen better, then plot them in one command like this: plot t2max1x[x=19,y=47],t2max2x[x=19,y=47],t2max3x[x=19,y=47]
Or you can define the scale by yourself: plot/vlimits=-2:20

Cheers,
Peter Szabo