From: Ansley Manke [mailto:Ansley.B.Manke@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2008 11:41 AM
To: carman@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ferret_users] Contour plot problem--extraneous diagonal lines

Hi Jessie,
Writing you outside the Users List - let's see if we can track down what's happening and then we can report back to the list. We have occasionally had reports of this kind of thing.  It tends to be because of outlying values of the variable. Would it be possible for you to send me a data field that's doing this?  Just save it to a netcdf file and email it on to me if it's not too big (just one timestep/ z level in the file).

Also, what version of Ferret are you running, and on what operating system.

Ansley

Jessie Carman wrote:

I've got netcdf files of sigma-theta that I'm contouring, and sometimes ferret doesn't close a contour but sends a line shooting off to the upper left--past the boundaries of the graph.  The files "shade" normally and I haven't been able to find any bad data.

Any ideas?

Jessie Carman