Re: [ferret_users] fill leaves corners of the plot blank

Hein,
      This has to do with the way Ferret does the "contouring" with respect
to the given region and given contouring intervals.

      I faced the same problem recently and this was the work around
i have found:

  1. sometimes fine tuning the levels qualifier (increase the number of
         intervals or decrease the delta value) will improve the situation.

  2.  - decide on the values/options for hlim, vlim, levels, palette
      - first make a SHADE plot
      - then make an overlay FILL plot (don't forget to use /over with
          FILL commad and ppl fill command)

Basically, the blank region appears where the data is not changing with
respect to the specified contouring (ie fill) level. Since SHADE command
does not care about interpolations/contouring, plots will be just fine.
To handle this kind of situations, much sophisticated contouring routines
are required.

A similar issue is with small graphics in Ferret. The same plot
which looks perfectly fine in a bigger viewport, will have blank spaces
at edges/corners when the viewport size is reduced. This is particularly
true, if you are using a high resolution data (for example TMI SST).

Hope this helps,

Jaison